Adding someone, or “delegating access” to your GoDaddy account can be the perfect solution when someone needs to log in and make changes on your behalf or help you with properly configuring settings.
In this Knowledge Base article, we will cover how you can easily add someone to your GoDaddy account.
How to Delegate Access to Your GoDaddy Account
Step 1: Click here to open the GoDaddy login page. After it opens in your browser, go ahead and log in.
Step 2: After logging in, hover over the Account Settings and in the menu that appears click Delegate Access.
Step 3: GoDaddy will likely ask you to login again to ensure you are who you say you are. After this, you will be taken to the Delegate Access screen.
On this screen, look for the “People who can access my account” section and click “Invite to access”.
Step 4: The Invite to Access modal will appear where you have these options:
- Enter the name of the person you wish to invite to access your account.
- Enter the email address of the person you wish to invite to access your account.
- And you can delegate the access they have. For example, you can choose:
- Products, Domains, and Purchases. Access to manage products, domains, and purchase products using credit cards stored in the profile. No access to view or modify the payment information.
- Products & Domains. Access to manage products and domains only.
- Domains only. Access to manage specific domains only. Choose individual domains under My Domains.
Choose the appropriate access level, then click the Invite button to dispatch an invitation to that person.
Looking for a GoDaddy alternative? 👀 Join the growing club of happy customers who made the switch to better, faster web hosting!
After clicking Invite, an email will be sent to the addressed individual, and they will be allowed to create a GoDaddy account if they do not already have one. Your Delegate Access screen will look similar to this:
And that’s it!