In this short post, we will show you how to change Email routing in cPanel. As usual, we’ll start off by explaining what Email routing is.
What is Email Routing?
Email routing is a feature in cPanel that allows you, as a domain owner, to choose how your incoming Email messages are processed (routed) by the Email server. This can either be your hosting provider’s local Email server, or the Email server of your chosen Email provider e.g. G Suite, Office365 or others.
In the following lines, we will take you through the different Email routing options available in cPanel.
How to change Email routing in cPanel
1. Login to your cPanel account.
2. Navigate to the Email section and click on Email Routing.
3. From the Domain section, choose the domain you wish to apply these settings for. If you only have one domain, it will be selected automatically.
4. From the Configure Email Routing section, you can see the 4 available options. Click on the small arrows for each one to read each description. The default and recommended setting is the first one, Automatically Detect Configuration.
- Automatically Detect Configuration
- Local Mail Exchanger
- Backup Mail Exchanger
- Remote Mail Exchanger
We strongly recommend you read about the difference between Local, Backup, and Remote Mail Exchanger before choosing to modify the default Email routing setting.
It is important to understand what each of these options does and choose the right one. Otherwise, you risk disrupting your domain’s Email communication.
5. Choose the desired routing option from the list and click on Change in order to enable it.
If you still have questions, feel free to get in touch via our online chat support.
Thank you for choosing ChemiCloud!