This guide will assist you in the process required to create an email account that you can use to send and receive an email from.
How to Create an Email Account in cPanel
1) Log into your Lab.
2) While you are in your lab’s dashboard, locate the ‘Active Services‘ area and click on the ‘Manage‘ icon for your hosting account.
3) Go to the ‘Quick Shortcuts’ section and click on the ‘Email accounts’ icon.
4) In the next window, you’ll need to click on the blue button called +CREATE
5) Next, you will need to type in the new email account you want to create and fill the necessary information for it.
Here are the fields you need to fill in, in order to create your new email account:
- Domain – Choose the domain name on which you want to create your email address. Click on the Domain drop-down menu to see all the domains associated with your account.
- Username – enter the email address you want to create. E.g: john.smith
- Password – select a strong password for your new email account.
- Storage Space – choose the size of the mailbox.
- Automatically Create Folders for Plus Addressing – select Do Not Automatically Create Folders
6) When ready press the ‘Create’ button at the bottom.
That’s it! You now know how to create a new email account in cPanel.