Gmail interface allows you to send and receive emails using an email address created with your domain name. You can do so by setting up your domain’s email account as a POP3 and SMTP in your Gmail account. This way, you’ll be able to use their interface as an email client.
In this tutorial, we will explain how to set up your domain’s email address in your Gmail.com account.
How to set up your domain’s email account as POP3 in your Gmail account
1. Log into your Gmail account and choose ‘Settings’, from the Settings tab
2. Go to ‘Accounts and Import’. Scroll down a bit and click Add a mail account section from Check mail from other accounts section.
3. Enter the email address you would like to add (e.g. email@example.com) and click the Next button
4. Choose ‘Import emails from my other account (POP3)’ option and click ‘Next’
5. Enter the mail settings for your email address:
If you’re using cPanel as control panel, your mail setting can be found in cPanel > Email Accounts > Set Up Mail Client.
6. Click on Add Account button.
If successful, you will see a message stating: Your mail account has been added.
Next, you will be asked if you also like to be able to send mail as (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) from your Gmail account. If you’d like to do so, please follow the next steps.
How to set up your domain’s email account as SMTP in your Gmail account
1. Choose: Yes, I want to be able to send mail as email@example.com.
2. Enter the information about your email address.
(your name and email address will be shown on mails you send) then check ‘Treat as an alias‘ and go to the next step.
3. Configure your emails to be sent through your SMTP server using the settings below:
4. Click on ‘Add Account‘
5. Confirm verification and add your email address. Gmail will send you an email with a confirmation code to your email address.
6. Enter and verify the confirmation code. Now you will see your domain’s email address in the Send mail as and the Check mail from other accounts sections.
That’s a wrap! Now, you know how to set up your domain’s email address in your Gmail.com account