In this tutorial, we will explore the most common ways to login to cPanel, as well as troubleshoot information if you experience errors.
How to login to cPanel from your Client Area
This option will allow you to access your cPanel directly from your client area (Client Area) without using a username and password.
In order to access your cPanel account from your Client Area, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://lab.chemicloud.com and login to your account.
2. While you are in your Client Area Dashboard, click on the cP button located on the right side, and you’ll be automatically be logged in without needing a username and password.
That’s it! This action will log you in cPanel automatically.
How to login to cPanel using your Domain Name
This option will allow you to access your cPanel directly from your web browser, and by using a username and password.
If you are an existing ChemiCloud customer and have your domain DNS pointing to our servers, you can access the cPanel via your domain name.
1. Navigate to the following location in your browser: http://yourdomain.com/cpanel
Your login screen should look like this:
2. Enter your cPanel username in the Username text box. Then enter your password in the Password text box.
3. Click Log in.
How to login to cPanel using your Server’s IP address
If you do not yet have your domain DNS pointing to our servers, you can still access the cPanel or WHM using the IP address that was provided in your welcome email.
In the event that you are unable to locate your server IP, and do not have access to the welcome letter that was sent to you upon signup.
If you are still unable to locate your IP address, just reach out to our chat support and they will be happy to provide you with that information!
Once navigated to the cPanel page, you should now be able to log in!
Troubleshooting cPanel access issues
- Your login user or password doesn’t work.
Solution: contact our Support team to reset your cPanel account password.
- I get a 404 error or blank page when I type: http://www.mydomain.com/cpanel
This may happen if you just changed your DNS Name Servers, wait a few hours until your domain fully propagates across the world.
You can also try to login using the server IP, as you see below:
- The Login Page Fails to Load
There are two possible causes for this:
- Your local office or network administrator may be blocking port 2082 or 2083: You will need to troubleshoot your network connection to allow the use of this port, or point your domain to our server and connect using http://cpanel.yourdomain.com, which works over port 80.
- You may be being blocked by our firewall: This generally occurs when a number of failed login attempts occur in a row. If you were accessing the panel and are no longer able to do, this is the likely reason.