In this tutorial, we will explore the most common ways to log in to cPanel, as well as troubleshoot information if you experience errors.
How to Log in to cPanel From Your Client Area
This option will allow you to access your cPanel directly from your client area.
To access your cPanel account from your Client Area, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to chemicloud.com/login and log in to your account.
2. While in your Client Area Dashboard > Active Services, click the cP button on the right side, and you’ll automatically be logged in without needing a username and password.
That’s it! This action will log you in cPanel automatically.
How to Log in to cPanel Using Your Domain Name
This option will allow you to access your cPanel directly from your web browser by using a username and password.
If you are an existing ChemiCloud customer and have your domain DNS pointing to our servers, you can access the cPanel via your domain name.
1. Navigate to the following location in your browser: http://yourdomain.com/cpanel
Your login screen should look like this:
2. Enter your cPanel username in the Username text box. Then enter your password in the Password text box.
3. Click Log in.
How to Log in to cPanel Using Your Server’s IP Address
If you do not yet have your domain DNS pointing to our servers, you can still access the cPanel or WHM using the IP address in your welcome email.
If you cannot locate your server IP and do not have access to the welcome letter sent to you upon signup.
If you cannot locate your IP address, reach out to our chat support, and they will be happy to provide you with that information!
Once navigated to the cPanel page, you should now be able to log in!
Troubleshooting cPanel access issues
- Your login user or password doesn’t work.
Solution: contact our Support team to reset your cPanel account password.
- I get a 404 error or blank page when I type: http://www.mydomain.com/cpanel
This may happen if you change your DNS Name Servers and wait a few hours until your domain fully propagates worldwide.
You can also try to log in using the server IP, as you see below:
- The Login Page Fails to Load
There are two possible causes for this:
- Your local office or network administrator may be blocking port 2082 or 2083: You will need to troubleshoot your network connection to allow this port or point your domain to our server and connect using http://cpanel.yourdomain.com, which works over port 80.
- You may be being blocked by our firewall: This generally occurs when many failed login attempts occur in a row. If you were accessing the panel and are no longer able to do, this is the likely reason.