January 10, 2023
As you may know, cPanel introduced the Jupiter theme in version 98. You might be wondering what will happen to Paper Lantern from now on. The Paper Lantern theme has been deprecated and will eventually be removed from the product.
What does this mean for you? If you already use Jupiter, relax; you're all set. If you are using Paper Lantern, why not give Jupiter a try?
With Jupiter, you get a sleek and modern interface focused on being minimalistic and easy to use. You won't find icons alongside tools or sections in your cPanel - everything is presented in a clear, concise list. This makes it easy to find what you need and start using it immediately.
Let’s overview what Jupiter offers and how it’s different from Paper Lantern.
You can continue using the Paper Lantern theme for the short term, but eventually, we will stop supporting this theme with the cPanel update to version 108 starting on the 1st of February, 2023.
In cPanel version 108:
1. We will remove the Paper Lantern theme from the cPanel interface.
2. We will move existing cPanel users of Paper Lantern to Jupiter upon updating to version 108.
3. Horde webmail interface will be removed. The system will automatically migrate all Horde calendars and contacts to Roundcube when the server updates to cPanel version 108.
4. Our cPanel & WHM’s public knowledge base articles will be updated and use the Jupiter theme layout.
You don’t have to wait to see what the new Jupiter theme looks like. You can easily switch your account to the Jupiter theme to get a feel for the new interface.
To do this, follow these steps:
If you're a Shared Hosting or WordPress Hosting customer:
1. Log in to your cPanel account.
2. In the right sidebar, under GENERAL INFORMATION, locate the Theme list box.
3. Select Jupiter. cPanel switches to the Jupiter theme automatically.
4. That’s it. Now your cPanel account will be using the Jupiter theme.
If you're a Reseller Hosting customer:
Use WHM’s Edit a Package interface (WHM → Home → Packages → Edit a Package) to edit the theme settings for the default package or other packages you have created.
If you have many accounts and don't have the necessary time to manually do this switch, don't stress! As of the 1st of February, we'll automatically switch your entire reseller's cPanel accounts to Jupiter.
You'll love the Jupiter theme's fresh, clean look. It's a significant improvement on the cPanel interface, both functionally and visually. Some of you may need time to get used to the change, but we think you'll be impressed with Jupiter once you do.
As always, feel free to contact us and let us know any questions you might have.