Affiliate links are the engines of affiliate marketing programs by making happened the results tracking (sales/visits) and performance measurement (e.g., conversion rates).
Because the affiliate links stand at the core of every promotion action, the affiliates – beginners or experts – should know exactly how they work, when they expire and what promotion strategy works best to reach as many sales as possible.
Are you already working with affiliate links? The following information is intended to help you refresh your promotion approach.
Are you new in “affiliate business”? The Q & A below might be your first guideline to start making money through affiliate marketing links.
Table of Contents
- What is an affiliate link?
- How to get one?
- How to sign up and become an affiliate?
- How do affiliate links work?
- How to use these links on the blog?
- How do I promote my affiliate links?
- How to promote affiliate links without a website?
- Can I promote affiliate links on Google?
- How to promote affiliate links on Instagram?
- How to promote affiliate links in emails?
- How can you make money with ChemiCloud’s Web Hosting Affiliate Program?
- How are they tracked?
- How long do ChemiCloud’s cookies last?
What is an affiliate link?
An affiliate link is a dedicated URL that contains the affiliate’s ID or username. Through affiliate links can be tracked the performance of a specific affiliate during a predefined period.
How to get one?
To get an affiliate link, you should join an affiliate program first. After you signed up for an affiliate program, you’ll receive a specific URL. This URL is the affiliate link that you should promote for generating sales/visits on the provider’s website.
How to sign up and become an affiliate?
- Update & optimize your website or blog / create a website or a blog (if you don’t have one)
- Select an industry that matches with your website/blog’s topics
- Select a provider (products or/and services) & check if it works with affiliates
- Check the provider’s clients reviews and feedback (e.g., for web hosting industry reviews, comments and testimonials play an essential role in the purchase process)
- Check the affiliate offer and compare it with the competition’s
- Check the terms and conditions for the affiliate program
- Complete the form and send it to the provider
How do affiliate links work?
Affiliate links place a cookie on the computer so, every time somebody clicks on it and make a purchase (during the affiliate link’s validity period) the provider will register it as a new affiliate sales.
How to use these links on the blog?
Once you’re enrolled in an affiliate program, you’ll receive an affiliate URL (affiliate link). Copy the link and paste it in a new blog post or integrate the link in an existing post.
E.g., for HTML you can add an affiliate link manually by using <a href=”Paste affiliate link here” target=”_blank”>Type the link text here</a>, while for WordPress you can use Widgets- Custom HTML from Appearances menu.
How do I promote my affiliate links?
- Through content on websites and/or blogs
- Social media boost posts
- Online Ads
- Events & giveaways
- Within your products and services
How to promote affiliate links without a website?
If you don’t have a website or a blog, you can still earn money from affiliate programs by promoting your affiliate link through social media (free posts if you have enough exposure, or paid ads if you want to increase your chances to generate sales), premium content (whitepapers, ebooks), YouTube content and online events (webinars, courses, etc.).
Can I promote affiliate links on Google?
Yes, as an affiliate you can promote your affiliate links through Adwords only if you have enough experience and can bring added value with your content. You should take into account that Google doesn’t like “affiliate links” too much and prefers providers’ direct promotion instead.
How to promote affiliate links on Instagram?
While Instagram doesn’t allow links on posts, you can still promote affiliate links if you have a relevant audience. In the posts’ description, tell your followers to copy-and-paste the link’s text in their browser along with some creative and convincing reasons to do so.
How to promote affiliate links in emails?
Yes, you can use your leads lists to promote your links. You can also develop a dedicated emails workflow to keep your contacts engaged and increase their interest in the products or/and services you promote.
How can you make money with ChemiCloud’s Web Hosting Affiliate Program?
Sell more. Earn more. You can earn more for every sale based on the number of sales you deliver each month.
How are they tracked?
Paid links are tracked by using cookies. E.g., if you are a ChemCloud affiliate, once you’ve implemented your affiliate link on your content, you’ll have access to an easy-to-use dashboard where you can track all your earnings and see real-time stats.
How long do ChemiCloud’s cookies last?
We understand users might not convert right away, that’s why we provide 90-day tracking cookies to ensure you get credited for sale.
So, what’s important to keep in mind about affiliate programs – and web hosting affiliates don’t make an exception from it – is that it’s not enough to integrate your affiliate link in content and expect results to come from…nowhere. Invest some creativity and strategic thinkings in creating stunning pieces of content and promoting on the most effective channels.