In this article, we will be covering how to transfer a domain name from another provider to ChemiCloud.
Verify that the domain name is eligible for transfer
- Make sure that the domain has not been registered or transferred in the last 60 days
- Disable ‘Whois/Privacy Protection’
- Make sure that you have access to the registrant email address
- Make sure that the domain is not in ‘Redemption Grace Period’ or ‘Pending Delete’ period.
Prepare your domain for transfer
- Unlock your domain – remove the Registrar lock you may have set for added security;
- Obtain the Auth/EPP code from the current Registrar:
Auth/EPP codes are required for all .com, .net, .org, .us, .biz, .info, .me, .co, .io, .ca, .tv, .in, .mobi, .cc, .pe, .com.pe, .net.pe, .org.pe, .tech, .top, .party, .loan, .faith and other new gTLD domains. If you cannot request an EPP code in account with your Registrar, contact them and ask to provide it to you.
Initiate a domain transfer from your ChemiCloud acccount
This tutorial assumes that you have already unlocked the domain at its current registrar and that you also have the authorization code (sometimes called an EPP key) from your domain registrar.
1) Go to Domains section of your lab’s dashboard and then click the “Transfer in a domain” under actions area. Or you can simply click here.
2) Enter the domain name you wish to transfer to ChemiCloud and the domain Transfer Code (EPP) in the appropriate text field (this code should be provided by your current domain registrar).
3) Click the “Order Now“ button.
4) You will be asked if you require hosting as well. Click the “Continue“ button to finalize only the domain transfer, without hosting.
Click the ‘Checkout‘ button to send your domain transfer request.
Confirm the transfer with your former Registrar
Once you have submitted the domain transfer, your current Registrar will be notified of the transfer and will, in turn, send you an email confirming the transfer order. Approve the email accordingly.
NOTE: You must approve the transfer within 5 days. (If you do not do so, the Registrar will assume that you do not wish to proceed with the transfer and the transfer will be canceled).
A domain name transfer can take up to six (6) days to complete.
Once the domain name transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation by email.